HORIZON 2020 Societal Challenges Energy Efficiency Research & Innovation Technology for district heating and cooling
Looking for partnersAdd Your proposal +
If You like see more detailed information about this call, and others, please subscribe EU Funds Register internet package.
Project proposals should address one or more of the following areas:
- Develop, demonstrate and deploy a new generation of highly efficient, intelligent district heating and cooling systems which are capable of integrating multiple efficient generation sources, including different kinds of renewable energy, cogeneration, waste heat from industrial or other sources and storage, and which can be operated at different temperature levels. Such systems can be new schemes or refurbished and optimised existing DH systems. These systems might combine hybrid technologies and/or new thermal carrier fluids to improve the overall efficiency; help decrease the end user cost of transporting thermal thermal/cold energy, be compatible and connected with intelligent electricity and gas networks; and utilize surplus electricity from the grid. Such systems should be compatible with and capable of integration with low-energy buildings, including nearly zero energy buildings (low-temperature district heating).
- Bring down heat distribution losses and integrate storage through the use of innovative pipe and capacity design, high performance insulation materials, reduced operating temperatures, intelligent, efficient system for fluid handling carriers or intelligent metering, control and grid optimisation strategies, including from analysing smart meter data, consumer interaction and behaviour.
- Develop optimisation, control, metering, planning and modelling tools such as intelligent thermal agile controllers embedding self-learning algorithms helping optimise the overall efficiency of technology-hybrid systems and IT supervision systems capable of delivering real performance indicators likely to modify consumption behaviour.
- Develop new solutions for low temperature heat recovery and recirculation.
You might be interested in
HORIZON 2020 Societal Challenges CALL – SMART CITIES AND COMMUNITIES Developing a framework for common, transparent data collection and performance measurement to allow comparability and replication between solutions and best-practice identification › read more
HORIZON 2020 EURATOM Modelling and analysing the energy system, its transformation and impacts. › read more
HORIZON 2020 Industrial Leadership H2020-LEIT-Space-Competitivenessof the European Space Sector-2014 Space exploration – Life support › read more
HORIZON 2020 Excellent Science Developing new world-class research infrastructures Individual implementation and operation of ESFRI projects › read more
HORIZON 2020 Excellent Science Support to innovation, human resources, policy and international cooperation International cooperation for research infrastructures › read more
(558) Add Your proposal . all fields is required