HORIZON 2020 Societal Challenges Disaster-resilience: safeguarding and securing society, including adapting to climate change Disaster Resilience & Climate Change topic 1: Science and innovation for adaptation to climate change: from assessing c
Looking for partnersAdd Your proposal +
If You like see more detailed information about this call, and others, please subscribe EU Funds Register internet package.
Proposals should aim to:
- Develop a platform to organise consultations and facilitate dialogue among different stakeholder groups at the EU and Associated countries level and at different geographical scales, throughout the duration of Horizon 2020, paying due attention to, and establishing linkages with international developments in the field; as well as
- Support clustering and close cooperation among international, EU and nationally funded initiatives in the field of climate change adaptation, and disaster risk reduction, promote foresight and large-scale dissemination activities, and foster the science-policy interface across the EU.
- Develop standardised methods to assess climate change impacts, vulnerabilities, and risks, and to identify and assess the performance of adaptation measures (technological and non-technological options). Methods should focus on long-term climate change and extreme events for European sectors of particular socio-economic and environmental significance, paying due consideration to uncertainty, and encompass indirect, cross-sectoral effects and cascade impacts, where relevant.
- Provide state-of-the-art decision support tools tailored to facilitate decision-making by different end-users (e.g. individuals, businesses, other private sector firms, local authorities and planners, governments), while developing adaptation plans and measures.
You might be interested in
HORIZON 2020 Societal Challenges Innovative, Sustainable and inclusive Bioeconomy Public procurement networks on innovative bio-based products › read more
HORIZON 2020 Societal Challenges Overcoming the Crisis: New Ideas, Strategies and Governance Structures for Europe The European growth agenda › read more
Union Civil Protection Mechanism Exercises › read more
HORIZON 2020 Societal Challenges Overcoming the Crisis: New Ideas, Strategies and Governance Structures for Europe Resilient and sustainable economic and monetary union in Europe › read more
Call for proposals 2014: Training of national judges in EU Competition Law and judicial co-operation › read more
(327) Add Your proposal . all fields is required