Non State Actors in Development, In – Country Interventions, Thailand
Looking for partnersAdd Your proposal +
If You like see more detailed information about this call, and others, please subscribe EU Funds Register internet package.
The global objective is the strengthening of civil society operations aiming at promoting an inclusive and empowered society in Thailand and in particular to address the issue of social exclusion and marginalisation in Thailand and to promote social cohesion, dialogue, mutual understanding and reconciliation.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
- To improve technical, operational and management capacities of NSAs promoting the interest of the most marginalised and vulnerable groups in Thailand;
- To support NSAs actions which advocate for more recognition of, and raise the awareness on, the rights and demands of marginalised and vulnerable groups;
- To create platforms for dialogue between NSAs, with LAs and other stakeholders to discuss these issues and reconcile divergences and contrasts among different societal segments;
- To promote communities' participation in decision making processes at local and central level (adoption of administrative acts, launch of development projects, approval of new legislation, etc.) with a particular focus on underrepresented groups and minorities.
The socio-economic indicators of Thailand have improved in the last few years. However social and regional economic disparities remain high, particularly among vulnerable groups such as indigenous people, migrant communities, ethnic and religious minorities and people living in rural areas, and particularly in the most remote and marginalised communities. Additionally, the unrest in the Deep South has impeded development in the region including as regards to civil society. These have contributed to the country’s severe political polarisation and have increased tensions which risk undermining the country' cohesion and stability. In this framework it is crucial that policy decisions, including those relating to local development, are taken on the basis of participatory processes open to all social groups, including the most vulnerable and marginalised
You might be interested in
Organisation and implementation of an annual European Union Prize for rock, pop and dance music › read more
CALL FOR PROPOSALS - ECPMF2014 European Centre for Press and Media Freedom › read more
Call for proposals - Projects to prevent and combat racism, xenophobia, homophobia and other forms of intolerance – Action grants 2014 › read more
Call for proposals - Drugs policy initiatives – Action grants 2014 › read more
Europe for citizens Programme European remembrance › read more
(662) Add Your proposal . all fields is required